Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's been one of those weeks...

Whew, I'm beat! I slept in until 11 a.m. this morning even though I've still got a full plate of activities to attack for today. It's been one of those weeks where I haven't had time to sit down, much less check my bank balance, put away laundry or even get gas (my husband did that for me this week).

The biggest deal is that my little sister is turning 16. We're having a party for her tomorrow, and I spent most of yesterday decorating and getting things ready. Sweet Sixteen!

Her birthday is about a week before Christmas and mine is a week after. At that point this year, I'll be twice her age; or rather, she'll be half my age. (Yeah, that second way sounds better...er... maybe they both make me sound old.)

Another huge problem is that I don't really have a kitchen at the moment. A few months back I mentioned "Operation Vacate," that is, we are getting our house ready to sell. So far, we've pulled up the awful linoleum floor tiles to reveal hardwood floors beneath, removed homemade wall cabinets, lots of wall paper and have started painting. We've also installed new(er) wall and base cabinets. This coming week, the remaining kitchen will be demolished--the sink & dishwasher side. It's all for a great cause, but it's very stressful for a cook!

Scraping off wallpaper

I've been thinking about how nice it is that I don't have to do any Christmas shopping. In fact, I'll bet many other couponers & others out there stockpile throughout the year also. A little bit of shopping during the holiday season is fun while the spirit is festive, but toward the end, the lines are just long, customer service non-existent and parking spaces unavailable.

Next week I plan to relax by the fire, drink hot chocolate, read a book and wrap presents. I'll be working on the kitchen and doing a little packing also. The blog posts will probably be pretty slow over the next week, though I can't wait to announce winners of the giveaways!

There may be some great deals or activities, but it's time to slow down, sit back and enjoy slow food, time off with family, loved ones and friends.

I encourage you to do the same!  

No comments: