Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gift store discounts

When I visit places like the Knoxville Zoo or the Knoxville Museum of Art, I love "window shopping" in the gift stores. Recently, I noticed that some of Knoxville Zoo's Melissa & Doug items were cheaper than those same items at places like Toys R Us. Then, not long after, I recieved my zoo newsletter, which gave dates for double discount days. If you're a zoo member, you'll recieve an additional 10% off purchases for a total of 20% off on Nov 19-21.

A friend sent me the following info about discounts at the McClung Museum Shop: Now through through Nov 14, all items (except books) will be 30% off. 

So, if you've had your eye on something special at a gift shop, now is the time to call and find our if they are having a holiday sale. Doesn't hurt to ask!

No comments: