Thursday, November 18, 2010

Carpe Librum Booksellers to close

As a book lover, it's with great sadness that I point you to Metro Pulse's article, http://www.metropulse.com/news/2010/nov/03/carpe-librum-booksellers-set-close/.

According to the article, they'll be closing down December 31 and may have liquidation sales into January.

I don't often purchase new books, but one day I did. It was the day I found out about Rebecca Walker's book, Baby Love, about her journey to motherhood. Not only am I an avid Walker fan, I was pregnant too. [I know, a verb-tense change in the middle of a sentence. Yikes.]

I called a couple places and then located it at Carpe Librum. That was a while before I became a "crazy coupon lady," but I ripped out my "25% off one item" coupon from my Knox Co. Coupon Book and rushed there on my way home from work.

I devoured it that afternoon!

No comments: