Saturday, October 9, 2010

Free batteries forever? Office Depot

http://www.officedepot.com/

*I had to update this previously posted blog. See below.

I'm not sure if I've written about Office Depot in the past, but basically what you need to know is that you must, must, must check out every store's loyalty program. So, for example, Office Depot has a "worklife rewards" club. This week, they are giving you 100% of your money spent back to you in the form of a gift card when you purchase certain advertised items, such as printer paper and batteries. Check out the items in weekly sales ad. So, sign up for an account, buy your items, then you'll receive an Office Depot gift card (reward) a few months later. Check Office Depot for all the details about worklife rewards.

I began this store's program in the spring of this year, and it seemed like forever before I received my gift card, but it finally came, and I used it to purchase printer ink.... and more batteries, for which I will receive yet another gift card since AA and AAA batteries are 100% back this week. By the time I need batteries again, I'll have another gift card for the same initial investment I made in the spring of this year.

*Or, so I thought! In actuality, if you use your reward card to buy more items that have rewards, you'll won't receive the reward. I looked through the FAQs when I signed up and didn't notice that important detail. I'm a little bummed, but it's not too big of a deal since I buy ink and occasional other items with coupons as it is. Now, It'll just be like getting free batteries with my ink purchase, which is still a great deal.
Also note that rechargeable batteries are another way to save on batteries and are better for the environment, so if you're able to not lose them, that might be a better route for you.

No comments: