Tuesday, September 28, 2010

E-coupons and Kroger

Coupon Katie recently posted about Kroger shoppers having trouble with e-coupons. After reading the comments on her post, I took a look at my accounts with cellfire.com, shortcuts.com and with the Kroger website. Sure enough, you may no longer use e-coupons with paper coupons on the same item.

From Coupon Katie:
*I have not seen an official policy pertaining to digital coupons however, when you load them to your Kroger card you will see this message: Limit of one coupon per item. Digital coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.



This is new in the last month and does do away with a lot of good deals at Kroger.


Though I'm sure many people will be saddened by this news, I'm not one of them!

In fact, if you aren't careful, an e-coupon could come off your order when you have a higher value paper coupon to use. You might not then be able to use your paper coupon at all (depends on your cashier, most likely). I prefer to avoid all coupon haggling.

For now, I have deactivated all my e-coupons--I won't have to keep a printed list of them, worry about which ones have a better paper coupon or load them on my card anymore. And, for that, I'm thankful!

Also note that the e-coupons were never intended to be used with paper coupons, so I believe this day has been on it's way for a long time now. It was simply a matter of time before technology was able to stop the practice of using both. 

No comments: