Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A few updates plus a note about binge shopping

First off, the project that's been keeping me too busy is finally over. Sigh of relief.

Second, I'm still really missing my cat and tearing up. He was the best cat I've had. To help ease my pain, my husband wanted to surprise me with a new kitten. His plan didn't work out initially, but we did end up with a new little bundle of sharp claws, teeth and fleas. She's all set up now, though! Here she is:


Her name is Rita, and today she and my cat Nesta finally played rough and tumble--what a glorious sight it was!

Third, Target has a bunch of clearanced women's clothing right now. It's time for all the regular shoppers to buy sweaters and pants, but it's time for all of us to buy summer clothes for next year! I don't actually need any clothes, but I've found that if I buy something new for my closet (not new as in brand new, just new to me) once a while and get rid of a few things at the same time, I'm much happier and less likely to go binge shopping.

That's right--binge shopping, that day you go to your closet, and it's empty, nothing fits, and you run over to Khols and figure you have some time to save up before the Khols charge card bill comes in the mail. You feel better but only for a few days, so you return most or part of what you purchase. To help curb this problem, when I'm in a binge shopping mood, I run to a thrift store instead. Always Amvets for when my eyes are bigger than my closet and wallet. No where else can you get ten items for twenty bucks.

And finally, back in mind of Target shopping, don't forget to print coupons from http://www.target.com/. If you're a Kashi fan, they have a few Kashi things on sale this week and several Kashi coupons right now as well. There's also one Kashi coupon on http://www.coupons.com/ for TLC bars. If you have manufacturer coupons, remember, these can be used on the same items as your target coupons. Be smart and read all the fine print, and don't try to do too much at once.

No comments: