Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's time for a date night

Twelve years ago today I began dating my husband, but we haven't made any plans for today.

In fact, we are once again way past due for a date night. Problem is, they can quickly become sooo expensive. In the winter, it's especially difficult to find places to go that are free, so I think I'm going to start a running list of ideas. For example, recently I read on a knoxmoms.com blog that she found a new used book store with some killer prices near Papermill & Kingston Pike. Maybe we could check that out in January 2011! Seriously, I'm going to start a list of ideas, just as I have for activities with my toddler.

For ideas, read Coupon Katie's post about affording date nights. She says they swap childcare with friends so that both they and the other couple can have free childcare for date nights.

How do you afford date nights?

No comments: