Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pregnancy and Free Tulips


First things first: I'm pregnant! About 10 weeks. I haven't been able to spend time on the computer or really do much at all because I get very sick during the first trimester. I'm hoping by the first couple weeks in March, I'll be much better! During my last pregnancy, I did end up having an IV for dehydration, so I'm happy I've been able to avoid that so far.
For now, I'm not couponing because I'm not even going to the grocery store or doing the cooking. I still come across deals from time to time, but mostly I feel too sick to even use the computer.
UPDATE: I don't have the pathology reports yet, but I'm afraid we've had what's called a partial molar pregnancy. I will post a new blog once I learn the details and will include information about pregnancy loss.

Here is a deal I really wanted to post, though unless I send the husband, I won't be able to attend. I learned about it from Nick Della Volpe, District 4 Councilman, Knoxville City Council.

MORE TULIP BULBS FOR SALE, GIVEAWAY

There are still more than 50,000 tulip bulbs available for free or for a deeply discounted price off of regular retail prices. Knoxville's chief flower promoter, Maria Compere, estimates that she and her beautification group sold or gave away 33,000 bulbs during blustery winter weather last Saturday -- but there are still another 50,000 to 60,000 bulbs which Mrs. Compere hopes to distribute this coming Saturday, Feb. 13, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. To make sure people do not have to stand in line in cold weather, the distribution on Saturday will take place in a vacant but heated store front building in the Windsor Square Shopping Center, which is located in the 9500 block of Kingston Pike, west of Cedar Bluff. Pick up a package of 25 bulbs for free! Additional bulbs can be purchased for 25 cents each. Proceeds go to efforts to beautify Pellissippi Parkway and other parts of the city. Any individual or group can participate.

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so thrilled for you! I have some ginger tea with your name on it when I see you next. ;)

Julie said...

Hey Isha! We sure missed you at Baby Bookworms today, but figured you might miss it again due to the pregnancy! I sure hope you'll be feeling better soon and come when you can! It was only me, Cooper and his mom--slow day, but to be expected with the weather so cold! Take care and so happy for you!

Jennifer said...

I'm just seeing this post and your update, I'm so sorry for the loss.

Mamabelle said...

Thank you so much, the coupon fair was my first major outing since surgery, so being there and seeing everyone smiling faces was theraputic!! I was so happy to finally meet you in person!