Saturday, February 27, 2010

Information Overload

I had the wonderful opportunity to join other couponers at the Knoxville Coupon Fair this morning. The event was coordinated by Gabrielle Blake of Couponing in Critical Times and was attended by nearly 300! I finally had the privilege to meet face-to-face with two of my heroes: Jennifer of Coupon Mommie and Katie of Coupon Katie.

When I started couponing I felt overwhelmed by all the information. Getting free and cheap stuff at CVS & Walgreens seemed too complicated. Over time, though, I learned how much I could do, and as my couponing became more habitual, I was able to add more to money-saving tricks to my routine.

My coupon journey began when I attended a small workshop put on by a woman at her home. She taught us how CVS works. She explained barcodes and showed us how she managed her coupons. I really needed the demonstration to get rolling.

So, if you are new to couponing, I highly recommend attending a couponing workshop. The next workshop I know of is Monday, March 29, 6 p.m. at the Burlington Branch Library. Gabrielle Blake will be presenting. She'll teach strategies for organizing coupons and explore resources that make couponing easier.

In the meantime, I recommend going to one or both of the following sites: www.couponmommie.com and www.couponkatie.com. Both have outlined how to get started and are stocked with resources for beginning couponers.

Both also blog about deals they see on nationally famous blogs and on events and savings specific to Knoxville, so I subscribe to their daily digest e-mails and also keep up with a few other sites, such as Blake's site, mentioned above.

Remember that you may feel overwhelmed at first, but as you learn, it will be easier and easier. You can read more about my coupon journey HERE.

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

You were such a big help with this event. It was so great to have you there!! So, when are YOU leading the next coupon workshop?? You are fantastic, and I know you will be wonderful when you decide to do it! Thanks for all you do to make our corner of the world a better place.

Mamabelle said...

Awww Thanks!!!