Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A book order


Today I pre-ordered two books I've been looking forward to reading.


This book is all about natural hair care for people with tightly curly hair, particularly biracial hair. The author struggled with her own hair for years and finally embraced her curls and learned how to manage and grow them. You can read about her journey by visiting her Website (or by clicking the link to your right if you're on my blog page).

The second book I ordered is called The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi Durrow. Durrow's book is described as "a timely and moving bicultural coming-of-age tale about the daughter of a Danish immigrant and a black G.I. A beauty with light brown skin and blue eyes, she attracts much attention in her new home. The world wants to see her as either black or white, but that's not how she sees herself." Read more about her and her new book on her Website.

No comments: