Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time to plant trees & shrubs

I live at home improvement stores lately.Image by Fuschia Foot via Flickr

Lowes
is currently offering 25% off all live plants (with a few exceptions like tropical & seasonal plants). Meanwhile, Home Depot has select trees at 50% off.

Contrary to popular habit, fall is the time to plant, so now's your chance to save $$ if you need trees/shrubs or a maybe a few polar pansies.

I recommend going first to Home Depot, so you can get 50% off, then check Lowe's for anything else you need.

Be sure to check Mayo's Garden Center or other similar stores for savings.

P.S. Don't bother looking for Dogwood trees at Lowes/Home Depots at Knoxville Center or Clinton Highway... we bought the last one!

Pink DogwoodsImage by cindy47452 via Flickr

1 comment:

Julia said...

I adore and miss Dogwoods so very much. They remind me so much of back home in NC. I don't see them here. I do see the beautiful "Tulip" trees here and Crepe Myrtles that I also make me think of home.